When spending thousands on your dream home, you’ll want to consider some basic tips to avoid wasting money and rehabbing down the road. One of the most popular and used rooms in the house has always been the kitchen. There are some simple tips that will make your kitchen more efficient, clean, functional and welcoming to family and guests.
- If you have the wall space, add additional shelving so you can keep your counter tops clear and utilize the space for your kitchen cooking projects.
- Adding warm lighting or simple chandeliers will make your kitchen warm and inviting.
- Granite or marble counter tops not only last forever, they clean well and look beautiful.
- Cabinetry with glass can make your kitchen look more spacious and classy. Just keep in mind you should have a cohesive flow of colors and design matching the rest of your kitchen when it comes to the dishes behind the glass.
- If possible, install a lot of windows for the warmth and beauty that natural light gives.
Read “tips on cleaning your granite countertops”. They may come in handy when considering your kitchen design, and upkeep.